Thursday 2 April 2015

Creating my film website homepage

The link to my completed film website homepage is here.

I chose the "Author" template because it had a header which would be perfect for my menu bar to be clearly shown.

Here is the template

I added in the logo I created before. Link to that blog post is here

I added the menu bar, making the sub headings similar to the links I found in the Godzilla film website homepage. I also changed the colours so they fitted my red / black / white colour scheme.

I changed my type face to Courier New. I thought this was an effective font as it is similar to the look of a typewriter as it is clear to read but fits with my story line as though it could be made by the army.

I changed the background of this section to be a template image from Wix of a woodland. Of course, this fitted my film idea. I also tinted the original image, through Wixs editing menu, to have a green tint.

 I added a red outline and shadow to also fit my colour scheme. This broke up the dark colours I had used and was a great contrast to the green tint of the centre image.

Here I have added my teaser trailer as the main video. Next to this I created and added a brief synopsis of the film itself, to intrigue the audience. To persuade my audience I created a critique review. I used "Buzzfeed" because they are a popular online website and I thought their audience would cross over with mine as they are both young adults. Again, I added a green tint that contrasted the red.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. final website is powerful WELL DONE - I love it
    ACTION - be sure to delete the sample pages - it is confusing that the links work and areto sample/other persons work - just delete content / pages or change the tabs/titles and add an under construction memo instead of the existing content

    you are expected to notice/action this

    ReplyDelete
  2. check my A2 block for deadlines / a job list reminder of what must be on there / tips for success

    ReplyDelete