Friday 6 March 2015

Problems downloading fonts

For  my website homepage I wanted to use a styled font that fitted my film. Ideally, I wanted something that looked like branches in a wood, as it would fit with the title of my film and create a good logo.
After doing some research, I found fonts I liked on a website called DAFONT.com, I found the font "Words are but Wind" which I thought was a perfect font face for what I wanted. The link to it is here.
To use this font I would have to download it, and this is where I found some problems. I was able to download the font, but to put it in the Font folder to be able to use as a font, I needed a password.

I asked my teacher and the technicians for the password, and it's been about a week now and I haven't had a full answer. It's likely I won't be able to download the font as I can't know the password, however I'll have to ask again if they can just put in the password so it is still private. I only need the password, to download the font. I'm unable to copy the image of the font from the website.

The highlighted area shows I'm unable to copy the image.

This problem has already slowed me down while creating my film website homepage, and if I'm unable to download the font it will mean my logo will not look how I wanted. 



No comments:

Post a Comment